If your child or young person would like to speak to someone anonymously, they could try calling a helpline or visiting websites such as ChildLine and The Mix.
Shout provides free, confidential support, 24/7 via text for anyone at crisis anytime, anywhere.
· text SHOUT to 85258 in the UK to text with a trained Crisis Volunteer
· text with someone who is trained and will provide active listening and collaborative problem-solving
ChildLine provides a confidential telephone counselling service for any child with a problem. It comforts, advises and protects.
· call 0800 1111 any time for free
· have an online chat with a counsellor
· check out the message boards
The Mix provides a free confidential telephone helpline and online service that aims to find young people the best help, whatever the problem.
· call 0808 808 4994 for free – lines are open from 11am to 11pm every day
· access the online community
During the school closure period for families requiring Early Help we can offer:
· Days in school for children who may be vulnerable
· Personal regular emails from identified liaison senior staff member
· Weekly phone calls
· We are still able to support families to access the Early Help team
If you feel that you need further support please contact your child’s class teacher or the school office.
Other places to get advice and support for more specific needs are outlined below:
They provide toiletries and clothing to families in need, from pregnancy to the age of 11. They are currently closed for donations however applications can still be made by professionals in the usual way. Professionals can find the referral form on the website www.gloucestershirebundles.org
Cafcass has put together some guidance to support children and families as the situation surrounding COVID-19 develops. We will do everything we can to help you and make sure that our service continues to run as effectively as possible. This information will be regularly updated.
On 23 March, the government published full guidance on staying at home and away from others, which clarified that where parents do not live in the same household, children under 18 can be moved between their parents’ homes. For more information please see their website https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/grown-ups/parents-and-carers/covid-19-guidance-for-children-and-families/